Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Well, I finally figured out how to get back on here. And they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks. Now if I can only figure out to link stuff from here to other sites......sigh..


Today was a busy day. I had painted half of my kitchen a shade of green this past spring, and the color didnt strike my fancy, but I thought perhaps the color might grow on me. It didnt. So today, after making biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, I broke out the paint can. It took me all day to tape, paint, wipe up the quart of paint I spilled on my ceramic tile floor (it was a mess), wash all of the decorative things from the tops of my cabinets and then, rehang the curtains. Whew, it was a chore, but I am happy with the results.


After supper, I bathed my two little yorkies, Ranger and Rambo. My hubby and I are empty nesters and needless to say, I needed something to baby. We have had Ranger for almost three years and Rambo for two and a half. They bring a lot of joy to our lives.


I did manage to squeeze in a little play time tonight. My niece does a color challege, and today she chose the color red. Right up my alley. I used a stamp by Hearfelt Creations that I had lusted for ever since they released it (this past September). I am not crazy about birds, but this stamp series called my name. I wanted this stamp so badly that I spent the better part of half a day driving the backroads of North Liberty, Indiana looking for the shop in my mom's area that carried the products. It was so worth it.


I used a sizzix die for the flourishes and then glued the red glitter on them. My little cardinals I colored with copic R46 and shaded the belly of the birds with R22. I even broke out the Flower Soft I have had hibernating on my shelves for only who knows how long. Here it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment